We are looking for our Founding Full Stack Developer who will build our first set of technical products, expanding on the learnings from our existing low-code MVPs.
You will be responsible for building our product and integrating with best-in-class enterprise solutions. We work using best practices and cutting-edge technologies, across frontend and backend projects.
You will lead the technical development whilst collaborating with our CTO, Head of Product and Product Designer. The team will grow in the coming months.
Uhubs is on a mission to help 1 billion people realise their potential by 2030. Our Product Vision is to be the platform that helps people discover, build and walk their personal development journey. We are a small and agile start-up with big ambitions. Our current goal is to reach £1m annual recurring revenue within 18 months and achieve product-market fit.
Full-time applicants will be offered a competitive salary and equity / benefits package. Contractors will be offered a competitive day-rate. See compensation section.
We have offices in Shoreditch, London. Preference for London-based applicants.
What you’ll be doing every day
You will be leading the end-to-end development process, including: ideation, frontend, backend, authentication, charting, integrations and more.
- Owning the development process from ideation to production
- Working with the latest technologies and best practices, including infrastructure via docker / kubernetes, Node.js and MongoDB, React
- Collaborating with the Head of Product and CTO to ensure all ideas are valuable, feasible and usable
- Supporting the Head of Product and CTO in shaping the roadmap
- Rapidly experimenting with different solutions
- Dictating the appropriate development tool-stack
- Establishing healthy development processes, including living documentation, consistent approach to projects, use of components, stakeholder management etc.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate:
- Builds end-to-end solutions
- Is a self-starter who can take the initiative
- Values simplicity over complexity
- Thinks systematically about the impact of their decisions on the wider product / architecture
- Track record of building similar products
- Embodies our values – Diversity, Passion, Empathy, Execution
What you’ll need:
- A previous experience in a Startup or R&D Team is welcome
- Track record of building similar products as full stack developer
- Strong experience with at least a frontend framework. React or similar.
- Strong experience with CSS 3 and HTML 5
- Strong experience with Relational and Document oriented Databases. Preferred MySql and MongoDB
- Good knowledge of Web Sockets
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud/AWS
- Good knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes
- Great knowledge of OOP
- Good understanding of the Functional Programming paradigm
- Good knowledge of *nix based systems administration
- Good knowledge of data structures and database administration
- Good knowledge of the most common security threats
- CS degree or relevant work experience
- Read this job description [check!], and apply
- Phone interview with the Head of Product, Sam (Background + technical) [20 minutes]
- Phone interview with CTO, Roberto + Extended Tech Test [60 minutes]
- Phone interview with Sam and Roberto [30 minutes]
- Phone interview with one of the co-founders, Matt or Ash [30 minutes]
Early applications encouraged.
- £300 - £400 per day
- £50k - £80k base salary
- Great equity package for first 10 employees
- Bonus incentive plan
- Flexible WFH policy, although we have a great office in Shoreditch
- 28 days annual leave
- Free annual leave for your birthday!
- Working on something meaningful, and seeing your work live
- Choose your own tech gear
- Uhubs swag
- Quarterly team retreats
- Monthly ‘unwind’ days
- Monthly book club
- Potential for international travel (pandemic permitting)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Continuous personal development year-round (we know a thing or two about it!)
- Access to 200+ experts for mentoring and growth as part of our Find a Mentor scheme
- Want something more? Tell us.