We are looking for our Founding Product Designer who can establish and champion our end-to-end design process.
Uhubs is on a mission to help 1 billion people realise their potential by 2030. Our Product Vision is to be the platform that helps people discover, build and walk their personal development journey. We are a small and agile start-up with big ambitions. Our current goal is to reach £1m annual recurring revenue within 18 months and achieve product-market fit.
We are building a B2B product, targeted at Series A - Series D SaaS tech companies, that makes it easier for managers to develop their team, and for team members to take the initiative and find their own growth path.
We are closing a seed-stage investment round this summer and have early signs of product-market fit with a collection of revenue-generating contracts from strategic partners and other clients. Our founders have a proven record of building successful companies.
We have offices in Shoreditch, London. Preference for London-based applicants.
What’s the role?
The Founding Product Designer will work directly with the Head of Product, CTO, tech team and founders as we build our first full-stack products. We are looking for a ‘jack of all trades’ designer who loves the end-to-end process.
You will be the first design hire in the company, and the second team member in the Product team. You should be excited by a challenge, seeking your next big opportunity, and be comfortable working in the craziness of early-stage companies.
As one of the first 10 employees you will have great autonomy and responsibility, and be rewarded with a great equity package.
We expect this individual to have 3+ years of product design experience across UX/UI and is looking for a big step up in scope, responsibility, and impact.
What you’ll be doing every day
You will be leading the end-to-end product design process, including: UX, UI, systems planning, copy, discovery (user research, user interviews, user tests), delivery (tech collaboration, agile delivery, build / measure / learn)
- Owning the design process from research to concepts to sketches to wireframes to prototypes to implementation
- Leading design for the dashboard product, the marketing website and any other assets needed by the company
- Collaborating with the Head of Product and CTO / Tech team to ensure all ideas are valuable, feasible and usable
- Supporting the Head of Product in shaping the roadmap
- Building out the product discovery function, working with existing clients and prospecting clients, so that we have a constant feed of user insights
- Dictating the appropriate design tool-stack
- Establishing healthy product design processes, including living documentation, consistent approach to projects, use of components, stakeholder management etc.
- Establishing and incrementing our first complete style guide
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate:
- Relentlessly champions the user
- Is a self-starter who can take the initiative
- Is passionate about design and will make their voice heard
- Is able to turn a succinct brief into a successful project
- Incorporates insights from analytics and research into designs
- Finds the simplest solution
- Thinks systematically about the impact of their design decisions on the wider product
- Is able to work across multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Communicates effectively with tech teams
- Constantly asks questions
- Cares about the business implications of their work
- Gets the job done
- Is on their own personal development journey, and pushes themselves to constantly learn
- Embodies our values – Diversity, Passion, Empathy, Execution
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of design experience working on complex Products
- Experience working with data (e.g. dashboards, graphs, visualisations)
- Experience working with large content structures
- A portfolio featuring examples of product design work
- A demonstrated track record of building and releasing multi-layered products across mobile / desktop
- Read this job description [check!], and apply
- Phone interview with the Head of Product, Sam [15 minutes]
- Portfolio walkthrough with Sam [45 minutes]
- Longer task-based interview with Uhubs team [2 hours]
- Phone interview with one of the co-founders, Matt or Ash [30 minutes]
Early applications encouraged.
- £45k - £60k base salary
- Great equity package for first 10 employees
- Bonus incentive plan
- Flexible WFH policy, although we have a great office in Shoreditch
- 28 days annual leave
- Free annual leave for your birthday!
- Working on something meaningful, and seeing your work live
- Choose your own tech gear
- Uhubs swag
- Quarterly team retreats
- Monthly ‘unwind’ days
- Monthly book club
- Potential for international travel (pandemic permitting)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Continuous personal development year-round (we know a thing or two about it!)
- Access to 200+ experts for mentoring and growth as part of our Find a Mentor scheme
- Want something more? Tell us.