We are looking for our third Sales Development Representative who is passionate about tech, hungry to learn, and wants to progress fast.
Uhubs is on a mission to help 1 billion people realise their potential by 2030. Our Vision is to be the platform that helps people discover, build and walk their personal development journey. We are a small and agile start-up with big ambitions.
Our founders have a track record building some of the most successful companies, including Just Eat, and have won the prestigious Forbes 30 under 30 award.
We are building a B2B product that makes it easier for managers to develop their team, and for team members to take the initiative and find their own growth path.
We have offices in Shoreditch, London. We believe in flexible working, investing in our people, working with the best technologies, and building a diverse team.
Start date: January 2023
What’s the role?
From day one, you will become a key part of our revenue team supporting the initial sales process. Your objective will be to work with our team to identify a key contact strategy and manage Uhubs email, cold-calling and social-selling outreach to prospective companies and decision makers within each of these companies. Your role will focus on engaging with companies that could use Uhubs, pitching the value proposition of the company and qualify whether the company's products and services would be mutually beneficial.
This is the perfect opportunity to learn how to implement a SaaS sales process from the ground up. You will also learn how to communicate with senior level decision makers at top companies in a more thoughtful, intelligent and efficient way.
We are looking for someone who can bring enthusiasm, positive energy and ambition to develop their skills and career. A person with deep integrity and strong values that align with our own. Above all, we look for people who are determined to do well, and to do good.
Also, as a sales development representative, you will learn how a sales software product really works, inside and out.
As one of the early employees, you will have great autonomy and responsibility, and be rewarded with an equity package.
What you’ll be doing each day
You will be responsible for:
- Outreach (building new leads and relationships through communication via Email, Cold-Calls, Social Outreach and Networking).
- Prospecting (identifying potential customers)
- Identify and implement effective strategies to improve our outbound inside sales.
- Lead qualification (Hand over outbound qualified business opportunities to an Account Executive) Qualified Leads to Opportunities.
- Identify, attract and engage with potential customers to build up pipeline using a variety of channels:
- Phone calls
- LinkedIn connections
- Direct mail
- Personalized video
- Social media messages
- Move and maintain leads through the sales pipeline and coordinate meetings with Sales Reps
- Build up knowledge about our product and its value to new customers.
- Educate, answer questions, and send resources to potential customers.
- Schedule meetings and presentations with prospects.
- Develop strong, ongoing relationships with prospects and customers.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and be comfortable speaking on the phone
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to empathise with potential customers
- Strong interest in sales and excitement to get on the phones and reach out to prospects
- Highly organised and propensity to solve problems
- An energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Proactive, curious, collaborative, eager to learn every day and take personal pride in the work that you deliver
- Highly motivated, ambitious, self-driven and not easily discouraged.
- Articulate and excellent customer follow up skills.
- Strong desire to move up in other sales functions.
- Gets the job done
- Is on their own personal development journey, and pushes themselves to constantly learn
- Embodies our values – Diversity, Passion, Empathy, Execution
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Read this job description [check!], and apply
- Intro call with one of our Cofounders, Matt [15 minutes]
- Stage 2 interview and exercise [45 minutes]
- Phone interview with both co-founders, Matt or Ash [30 minutes]
Early applications encouraged.
- £28k - £32k base salary
- Great equity package for early employees
- Bonus incentive plan
- Flexible WFH policy, although we have a great office in Shoreditch
- 28 days annual leave
- Free annual leave for your birthday!
- Working on something meaningful, and seeing your work live
- Choose your own tech gear
- Employee wellbeing benefits like on-demand private online GP appointments.
- Uhubs swag
- Quarterly team retreats
- Monthly ‘unwind’ days
- Monthly book club
- Potential for international travel (pandemic permitting)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Continuous personal development year-round (we know a thing or two about it!)
- Access to 200+ experts for mentoring and growth as part of our Find a Mentor scheme
Want something more? Tell us