How to Hire Well Podcast - Chris Duddridge
Episode 44 of The SaaS Sales Performance Podcast saw Chris Duddridge of Soroco come on to the podcast to share some lessons learned from his sales journey.
In this episode, we cover...
- Why he values companies and individuals with a growth mindset.
- The three questions Chris asks himself when interviewing a candidate.
- Future predictions for the role of automation in the world of sales.
After spending six months in the military as a young adult, Chris chose to find a new path and found his talents in the sales community. With roles at Sage, Deltek and UiPath under his belt, Chris is currently VP of Sales at Soroco.
Here are some of the key insights from the conversation.
- When interviewing, Chris values candidates who still have a lot to learn.
”How much coaching, development and training they’ll need is something I relish the opportunity to take on, because then you can shape them into the people that can become a huge success within the business.”
- Chris thrives on seeing his hires succeed in their roles.
”When somebody's earning the money that you've tempted them away from their previous employer to come to your organisation for, you know you've achieved something special with that person. What makes me even prouder is when everybody does that, that's when I would feel the job is done.”
- Sales is an interpersonal occupation - passion shines through!
”The person is the reason they’re working with us. There could’ve been a bad demo or a poorly prepared presentation, but they liked the person and ultimately, the journey continues.”