We were recently invited to share our insights with hundreds of business leaders across the UK as part of the Festival of Enterprise COVID-19 Business Support series.
A summary of what our global community of employee learners want during this time (video highlights below):
- Show you care deeply: our members expressed that they appreciated their employers being honest with them about the situation
- Now is a great time to upskill: of those in the Uhubs community that have been furloughed, 92% plan to upskill during this time
- Know your staff: not all persona types now have more time on their hands. Be sympathetic to different lifestyles
- Push me in the right direction: 82% of Uhubs members find it hard navigating what to learn. Help them understand which skills are valued most within your organisation
- Focus on what is important: Use data to align those learning recommendations to skills gaps
- Inspire me: 79% of Uhubs members state they are more likely to engage in learning if they feel inspired by the person teaching them
- The live factor: Being able to have your specific questions answered by an Expert makes learning in your organisation a 'not to be missed' spectacle
If you don't have time to read you can watch the highlights here:
Hopefully these insights spark an idea, or even help inform how you are supporting your own teams during these times.