Why is product now the key to growing your business?
Episode 42 of The SaaS Sales Performance Podcast saw Jimmy Fong of SEON come on to the podcast to break down everything Product-Led Growth.
In this episode, we cover...
- Why Jimmy chose to join SEON.
- Why so many B2B SaaS companies are adopting the Product-Led strategy.
- The ways in which SEON are using marketing to increase mindshare.
Jimmy Fong is the CCO at SEON Fraud Fighters, an online fraud prevention platform shaking up the B2B space. Like Matt, Jimmy is a member of the high-growth operator community Pavilion.
Here are some of the key insights from the conversation.
- The worlds of B2C and B2B are closely related.
”We’re big into: how you get mindshare of someone from a B2C point of view, is the same as B2B. That’s the reality, cause it’s so obvious right? All those B2B buyers are B2C consumers, just like me and you.”
- SEON foster a creative culture which benefits the target audience too.
”We’re 190 Fraud Fighters now, globally. Our average age is mid-twenties, and they want to be working for something that’s quirky, funny and they’re able to use creative juice. So it’s better for the target buyer persona, it’s a better experience, and it’s better for our teammates.”
- PLG businesses need good instrumentation and a culture of experimentation.
”You don’t want your expensive, intelligent teammates working on every single product-qualified lead equally right? And that’s where things like pirate metrics kick in - looking at things like instrumentation, and having theses on what counts as ‘getting to value’ or a lightbulb moment for them.”